To fulfill your order, you must provide Laughing Coyote Woodworks with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional information (for personalization, for example), if you contact us directly.
Laughing Coyote Woodworks relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information about our customers is important to Laughing Coyote Woodworks' business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Business transfers. If we were sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (a) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Roy Gibson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info [!at] laughingcoyotewoodworks.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: 318 Tatro Rd., Stamford, VT, USA
SAFE SHOPPING GUARANTEE
We want your shopping experience to be enjoyable and secure. The purchase area of our site (through Paypal) is secure. This means that any information you send us is protected by encryption. It's easy to tell when you're protected by encryption--the lock and key in the address bar of your browser changes color or is no longer broken. This varies depending on your browser.
If an unauthorized charge is made through your Paypal account, Paypal guarantees 100% protection. If you receive email confirmation of a transaction that you did not approve, contact them and they will work with you to quickly resolve the issue. You will not be responsible for the charges.
If an unauthorized charge is made to your credit card through our website, your credit card provider can only hold you liable for the first $50. Laughing Coyote Woodworks will cover that liability (up to the full $50) for you, if it is proven to be our error. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.